Last night there was the biggest thunder storm EVER.
I swear, it was RIGHT ABOVE my apartment.
…one nifty thing I learned while I couldn’t sleep was that thunder has really awesome echoes when you’re living in a mountain valley. Every boom is very different, and you can hear the rebounding sound waves layering on themselves when it strikes in certain places.
Today I am so tired.
School Update: I only had one class today, but it was really enjoyable.
Two class periods with LL2 talking about what they did over summer vacation, playing a “Did you ____?” summer vacation bingo name (they interviewed other classmates and filled in the boxes when a classmate could answer “yes” to the question, then I had them stand up and call out students names and ask them a question one at a time, using the names to play bingo), and then I made them write 10 sentences about their summer vacation.
Also, my plan to make spider cup cakes with LL2 for Halloween passed (in English, of course!). I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Random Bit of Happiness: Yesterday, at Seiryo, I got applause when I walked into one class. These tiny little bits of Heaven in the classroom can move me to the point of tears.
This post is beautiful. :) Welcome back to blogging, and thank you for this lovely update!
ReplyDelete