Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happenings in the Life of Mary

First, Fukuoka was featured in the New York Times, woo-hoo!
http://travel.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/travel/uncovering-the-secrets-of-fukuoka.html?pagewanted=1&smid=fb-share&_r=0

Next on the agenda: Saturday. Er, I mean Saga BBQ!
In Saga there's a tradition of having Big Awesome Barbeques pretty regularly throughout the year. I have heard of these Big Awesome Events, and many of my friends went to the Big Awesome things and talked about how Awesome and Big they were. The first one, I was very sick because I had just arrived to Japan and I had caught all of the sicknesses ever. And the same went for the second. And then the third I wasn't in Saga, oops.
BUT THIS TIME I MADE IT.
And it was Big and Awesome. XD Betcha didn't see that one coming.
About 70 people showed up, and quite a few bands from the ALT and local community (one was a high school band, woo!), and they rocked the place from about 4 p.m. until about 10 p.m.
I really wanted to sing. "Maid on the Shore," anyone? I think it would be better if I got an accompaniest. Or maybe I'll just haul my koto out there and look like a big dork.

Third, today my sister skyped (or, actually, Live-On-ed) with my class, while a newspaper reporter was watching. We had some issues with the microphone looping back the speaker's sound and making really strange alien noises, but other than that, it was a lot of fun! My students were super excited, and super nervous, and Jessie was super giggly and we had a lot of fun, and everybody wants to do it again! I am stoked, and maybe next time it won't make the Woo-woo-WHO-WOOOP-AAAARUGH!!! noises. Heh.

Anyways, that's it for today. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment