Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life, cooking, and travel


 Ha! And you didn't know this was a food post...

Here's my meal from last night.  The couscous salad and Japanese Eggplant is mine. I had a lot of fun trying out the eggplant. It's grilled in the small broiler in my stove, and then topped with grated ginger, soysauce, and a bit of sesame. I feel there is something missing from my dressing, so if you have ideas, let me know!

The couscous is dressed with lemon (I found them on sale! Also made sugar mint lemon water with the rinds afterwards, and it was delicious), black pepper, carrots, cucumber, and nira (a kind of flat Japanese green onion).

I ate it with two new ALT's in Takeo, and it was an excellent and relaxing evening.


Aaaaaand this is dinner tonight!
The zombie couscous salad returns! (and was not conquered)
I made hummus for the first time in over a year! It was amazingly delicious!
Ron added lentils (amazing!) and homemade broccoli ham macaroni. 

Next, our little friend at dinner. Isn't he ADORABLE????


I loved watching him chase the little bugs. He's my hero! Eat those mosquitoes, buddy!

Last, two pictures from my trip that I actually took! Yay! 



I liked taking a picture of a person taking a picture of a person taking a picture of a person taking a picture. Love you guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment