Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Parent's Visit, Part IV: Saga

This post will be about my family’s small trip into Saga. I had a meeting with other JET participants during Spring Break, to meet the new teachers who will be working with me this next school year, and so my parents and Daniel came with me into Saga, and we all had lunch together with my boss.

The most striking portion of this outing was the sakura (cherry blossoms) blooming near the city government building. So, that's what most of this post will be.










Then we went up to the top story of the government building for lunch. The view was amazing.




 I think the Saga city manhole covers are adorable. Mutsugoro! (They are gobies [singular: goby], or "mudskippers," and are native to the Ariake sea, near where I live. Strange and lovable!)


And this last picture is just to prove there are other flowers in Japan besides sakura. ;)



2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there when the sakura were in bloom..... Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARY, YOUR OBSESSION WITH MUTSUGORO IS VAGUELY UPSETTING.

    ReplyDelete