Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Parent's Visit, Part V: Kyoto (Mary's Photos of the Gingakuji)

These are pictures I took while at the 銀閣寺 (Ginkakuji, Silver Pavillion)
my favorite temple in Japan.

More than the buildings that comprise the temple, which I am fond of for their elegance, simplicity, and the beauty with which they've aged, the grounds contain the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen before. My parents were both moved, my mother almost to tears, and I was very glad to have brought other people who appreciate it as much as I do. (When I went before, with my host family, they were just sort of confused why I liked this place so much. They were the people that tended to favor the big, fancy buildings, whilst my parents and I go for the gardens, simplicity, and soul.)

Kyoto has more magnificent buildings than the Ginkakuji, but if you want to go to a place that is nearly otherworldly in it's beauty, come here.






















No comments:

Post a Comment