Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Saga Scavenger Hunt

Here are the pictures for the Ssaga Scavenger Hunt on October 22!

I traveled with Yoko and Donovan (married) and Chris (from Canada). We had a packet full of pictures of places around Saga, and we had to find them and then take pictures in front of them.

I'll label the pictures as I remember where we were. XD W

Enjoy!

First, pictures of all the different types of conbini we could find (convenience stores).



Look! It's a 7-11!



And everyone loves an Everyone!

Then we went to the Ariake Sea flood plains in the Saga Plains, near Kashima. When you get out into the mud, you can find mudskippers! 8D Those things are SO cool! I want to go stalk them.


Anyway, pretty sky.



And wind.





I loved this place.


And this is how we got up on that big walk-way-water-wall thing. <3



Now we went to Kashima Station, and met another team...


... in hats.
It's me, Chris, the station conductor guy, Yoko, and then the other team: Rac, Stew, and Morgan.

Then we played around at this pretty red bridge in Kashima.


If you click on these two pictures, you'll see I actually am there.




Now we're going to Yutoku Inari Shrine, yay!


Cute girls in red Kimono! We satisfied two things with this picture, "Someone in kimono" and "three generations in one picture." Also, we met another team.


It goes Chris crouching, Ron, Kristen, Yoko behind the two little girls, and Donovan behind the grandmother and mother. :3 I am also strangely fond of the sun spot.




More sun spots! And an Inari fox. So cool.


Okay, so this picture we had to take hanging upside down...


So Chris took a picture of us hanging upside down! XD



More conbini! Family Mart...

And Yamasaki Shop!


Kashima hospital! ('cause we're creepers)


"A teammate in a garbage can."
It was so much fun sneaking in and hoping we didn't get caught.


Ze Big Gold Statue in Ureshino. I see this on my way to school everyday (that I go to Ureshino, that is.)


More conbini conga lines! Yay Daily Yamazaki!


...I don't think I need to label these any more...


...There are so many...


But now we got to my shrine! (Or, at least my favorite.) Takeo Shrine, with one of the three oldest/biggest trees in Japan! XD SQUEEEEE!!!!
Aaaaaalso, these trees are what inspired Miyazaki to make Mononoke Hime. >:D


Pretty pretties. Bamboo on one side, pines on the other.


"Take a picture on a roof."

Then,
I went to my apartment and knocked on Jono's door, and went,
"Well, we're on the Scavenger Hunt, y'know, and one of the goals is
... a man in drag...." And I wiggled one ankle out all girly and grinned up at him.

And he rolled his eyes and went, "Oh god..."




>:D

(Though I'll admit, I was terrified he'd stretch my clothes out to beyond salvation.
He admitted later he wore them all day. My poor skirt! I'll never do such horrible things to you again. D:)


Takeo Hot Springs! 900 years old! :D So cool!


"Take a picture of a convertable."
It is providence that there was one at the gas station we stopped and asked directions at because we were lost. XD



"Gabai Baa-chan" was apparently a TV show, and this was the house used in the show.


So there were funny things around there...



...Like gaijin in the public toilets...



Then we got back to Saga Station...




And touched a bald man's head!! >:D


3 comments:

  1. You have such bizarre adventures. Please teach me, sensei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! You have, yet again, provided me with more reasons to get my butt over there. XD Loved the pictures and especially your narration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun ^^ And I think those trees are awesome too

    ReplyDelete