Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Teaching on Aug 26


Facebook:
"You know you're a dork when: Your student makes a mistake with a postnominal reflex, and you 1.) know what it is, and 2.) it makes you giggle happily for 10 minutes, and then you write yourself a note about it."

Small grammar lesson: postnominal reflexes don't exist in English, though they do in other languages. They look something like this: "I know the man you talked to _him_."
The error my student make probably isn't a postnominal reflex, because I don't think Japanese actually has it. (I was grasping at straws. Being able to remember something, anything, from my grammar classes made me giddy.)

Anyway,
I'M IN JAPAN! School has started!
Seiryo Junior High School students apparently don't understand the concept of "Summer Vacation."
Classes don't official start until September 1st, but already I've taught 4 self-introduction lessons, with many more to come. And I've made 80 COPIES of my FIRST WORKSHEET. IT WAS AMAZING! And my school has a paper cutter that uses lasers! I'm tempted to peek, but then my eyes might bleed out. I was also introduced to the industrial-strength shredder, which rocked my socks. I'll only feed it with my left hand, 'cause if my if my hand gets ripped off I want to still be able to draw. :)

I'm officially a real teacher.
A real dorky teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You may be a dorky teacher, but you're an AWESOME dorky teacher!!!! :D

    -K

    ReplyDelete