Here is why I can't move:

Dragon Boats are an excuse to get really hot and sweaty near the end of summer. We were at a river near Kubota, and we had to meet at around 9 in the morning. We had two teams, Gaijin A and Gaijin B, and the heats started at around 10:30 (I believe).
Gaijin A went out for the first heat, and everyone tried very hard, and... failed horribly. The boat's oars looked like a crazed centipede, and the boat's sense of direction as good as a drunken horse. It was a great strategic strategy, for they never expected Gaijin B, where we learned how dragon boat racing was Serious and Not to be Taken Lightly.

We got 6th place, out of 50. We deserved to lose to the top five teams, though, because they were the Police Team, and the Military Men team, and the We-Work-At-Ramen-Shops-So-We-Can-Row-On-The-Weekends team. They were freaking crazy.
I couldn't walk properly for three days after.
*pictures courtesy Angela, since I was in the boats, not taking pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment