Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Kimono and koto


About a month ago, I purchased a kimono and started learning the koto. Two days ago, both came together in a performance celebrating spring and the Spring Equinox.

So, first and foremost, Happy Spring Equinox, everybody! I have the day off today, since it is a national holiday. I might do some research to see what the Japanese people do for this holiday, but I know that the concert I was in was a free concert put on by the city as part of a week long 春まつり、or Spring Festival.

[will be adding more throughout the day, but right now I'm going to go grocery shopping! :D ]

Click here to hear a version of the song I played.


No comments:

Post a Comment