Magic!! A travel-log, a receptical for teaching thoughts, a mode of mass communication, a random-thought-dump, and a whole bunch of Mary, all in one!!!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tip to All ALTS:

GO TO THE SCHOOL NURSE!!!

Go! Hangnails! Headaches! Bug bites! Any Excuse!

The School Nurse is Useful because:
1.) She is there to take care of you. We are all faaaaaar away from
home—we can use some comfort and a sympathetic ear. It’s good for the
soul!
2.) It gives you someone to talk to if you are bored in the teacher’s room. ;)
3.) Yet another staff member who is on your side!

I first went to the school nurse because I broke a nail by accidentally slamming it
against my desk. (I had also done that nasty thing where the tip of
the nail turns backwards and pulls away from the quick, and there was
a tiny bit of blood and a lot of throbbing and stinging.) It was
annoying enough to put my mood off, and it looked pathetic enough to
gain everyone’s sympathy. I went down to the school nurse and not only
did she give me some awesome medicine that took away the sting, she
talked to me a bit and smiled and soothed my nerves. The rest of my
day went well.

The second time I went to the school nurse I had some nasty, nasty bug
bites. I have no idea what bit me—I know it wasn’t a mosquito because
I don’t really react to those. This big had bitten me four times (once
on my palm. What sort of bug bites you on your palm? A terrible, rude
bug, that’s what) and all four bites had swollen to the size of
quarters. They also each had a big, red, irritated ring about the
diameter of a tennis ball.

I went down three times to get anti-itch medicine and ice to chill the
inflamed bug bites, and each time chatted with the nurse for about 10
minutes. I’ve been flirting with homesickness, and having someone
there who is willing to fawn over my wounds was just as good for my
loneliness as it was good for those nasty, nasty bug bites.

So, ALTs? Get your booty down to that school nurse and get yourself some TLC.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment